[steering-discuss] Re: trademark use request

Le 23/08/11 15:25, Simon Phipps a écrit :

Hi Simon,

better still :

"Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy."

I agree that's more precise English. I am a little concerned it's uncommon usage that those with
English as a second language might consider difficult, and thus I prefer your earlier suggestion:

"Usage is explained in our trademark policy."

No big issue though, just a preference. I'd welcome your comment.

Not wishing to get into a battle on semantics, my personal preference is
still the second suggestion, but I would agree with you that non-native
English speakers might find the less archaic wording of my first
suggestion easier to grasp from the outset. Ultimately, choose whatever
everyone feels comfortable with.

Alex