Re: [steering-discuss] Re: trademark use request

On 22 Aug 2011, at 20:18, Florian Effenberger wrote:

Hi Simon,

Simon Phipps wrote on 2011-08-21 22:32:
As a matter of general style I believe TDF should not use the controversial expression
"intellectual property" anywhere. I suggest the following phrase:

 "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of
 their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks
 in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject
 to international copyright laws. Uses are explained our trademark policy."

IP might indeed be a tough term, I agree.

However, I feel that "Uses are explained..." isn't strong enough. Wouldn't my original proposal
("...subject to our...") be better and more binding?

I'm not sure about "binding" as I think "explained" is actually an assertive word, but sure, that's
fine too. I was just trying to be concise!

S.