Re: [steering-discuss] Re: trademark use request

Hi Simon,

Simon Phipps wrote on 2011-08-21 22:32:
As a matter of general style I believe TDF should not use the controversial expression "intellectual
property" anywhere. I suggest the following phrase:

>  "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of
>  their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks
>  in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject
>  to international copyright laws. Uses are explained our trademark policy."

IP might indeed be a tough term, I agree.

However, I feel that "Uses are explained..." isn't strong enough. Wouldn't my original proposal ("...subject to our...") be better and more binding?