Re: [steering-discuss] Re: trademark use request

On 20 Aug 2011, at 14:49, Alexander Thurgood wrote:

Le 20/08/11 11:34, Florian Effenberger a écrit :

Hi Florian,

"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of
their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks
in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are subject
to international copyright laws. The use of these therefore are subject
to our trademark policy."

I would only change the last sentence to :
"The use of these intellectual property rights as a whole is laid out in
our trademark policy."

As a matter of general style I believe TDF should not use the controversial expression
"intellectual property" anywhere. I suggest the following phrase:

"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of
their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks
in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject
to international copyright laws. Uses are explained our trademark policy."

Cheers,

S.