[steering-discuss] contracting a lawyer for the foundation's set-up process

+1

David

I'm not sure if I'm able to vote on this matter. But if so, +1

Florian Effenberger wrote:

In order to have legal advice for the process, which might take a
few weeks, I'd like to ask the steering committee to approve a sum
of 3.000,- € in total.

+1 - this has my approval.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

+1

Best Regards

Varun

Good night!

I understand that is a decision of the SC, but I will give my opinion. Totally agree

Best regards.

Eliane Domingos de Sousa
gtalk/skype: elianedomingos
twitter: eliane_domingos
identica/facebook: elianedomingos

Hi,

Von: Florian Effenberger <floeff@documentfoundation.org>

For the process of filing, it is highly advisable to have a lawyer
assisting us and acting as official point of contact. Not only will some
legal topics come up, but also being represented by a lawyer greatly
helps in being perceived as serious entity by the authorities.

In order to have legal advice for the process, which might take a few
weeks, I'd like to ask the steering committee to approve a sum of
3.000,- € in total.

+1

regards,

André

Hi,

In order to have legal advice for the process, which might take a few
weeks, I'd like to ask the steering committee to approve a sum of
3.000,- € in total.

+1

thanks. We right now have 4 out of 6 necessary votes, so I will wait before closing the ballot.

BTW, in the meantime I researched a bit, and got also feedback from the lawyer we plan to contract, and in fact, the hourly rates seem to be higher as anticipated. Several German websites talk about hourly rates with an average of 180 €, not going below 120 €, so my assumption with 50 € was obviously too low. In a nutshell: Based on the normal sums occuring, that fixed price of 3.000 € indeed sounds like a very good deal.

Florian

Hi Florian, all!

>> In order to have legal advice for the process, which might take a few
>> weeks, I'd like to ask the steering committee to approve a sum of
>> 3.000,- € in total.
>
> +1

thanks. We right now have 4 out of 6 necessary votes, so I will wait
before closing the ballot.

Since Sophie did not reply so far, here is the deputy's vote: +1

Cheers,
Christoph

Hi all,
[...]

In order to have legal advice for the process, which might take a few weeks, I'd like to ask the steering committee to approve a sum of 3.000,- € in total.

+1
Kind regards
Sophie

Oups, sorry Christoph, I didn't see your mail before posting mine. Thanks for taking care and sorry also for the delay in my answer to the vote.
Kind regards
Sophie

Ditto from me I guess :slight_smile:

  ATB,

    Michael.

+1

Hello,

I just counted the votes, and I found at least these voting +1:

Florian
Charles
Italo
Thorsten
André
Sophie

Plus Michael and Christoph and deputies, plus some "non-binding" votes, so I hereby close the vote and just added it as an official decision to http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/BoD_Decisions

@André: I ws not sure on how to reflect the current voting - Michael and Christoph voted +1, but the seat holders they are deputies for voted themselves. I wrote "approved with votes of 8 voting members (including two deputy votes)" - should that be just 6 voting members instead, to make clear only 6 people had "valid" votes?

Thanks for your support!
Florian

I thought I voted yet....

+1

Olivier

Hi :slight_smile:
I think that counts as 6 votes with none against, so it's "nem con" or
something. The votes from deputies doesn't count if the people they are
deputies for have voted. Not that it makes much difference since it's still a
strong majority with none against.

Regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Hi Tom,

I think that counts as 6 votes with none against, so it's "nem con" or
something. The votes from deputies doesn't count if the people they are
deputies for have voted. Not that it makes much difference since it's still a
strong majority with none against.

I think so, too - but André planned the page, so maybe he has some insight on how to have the wording :wink:

Von: Florian Effenberger <floeff@documentfoundation.org>

> I think that counts as 6 votes with none against, so it's "nem con" or
> something. The votes from deputies doesn't count if the people they
are
> deputies for have voted. Not that it makes much difference since it's
still a
> strong majority with none against.

I think so, too - but André planned the page, so maybe he has some
insight on how to have the wording :wink:

well .. this has not so much to do with the "page design" :wink:

But I agree to count 6 votes (rather 7 as Olivier also approved).
We can list two positive deputy votes not counting for the decision.

André

Hi,

Von: Florian Effenberger <floeff@documentfoundation.org>

> I think that counts as 6 votes with none against, so it's "nem con" or
> something. The votes from deputies doesn't count if the people they
are
> deputies for have voted. Not that it makes much difference since it's
still a
> strong majority with none against.

I think so, too - but André planned the page, so maybe he has some
insight on how to have the wording :wink:

well .. this has not so much to do with the "page design" :wink:

But I agree to count 6 votes (rather 7 as Olivier also approved).
We can list two positive deputy votes not counting for the decision.

André

Hi :slight_smile:
That is the way most organisations do it afaik. The deputies vote is not really
wasted as it has indicated general feeling and also frees the other person from
having to worry about voting (unless they disagree with their deputy).

Regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Hi,

But I agree to count 6 votes (rather 7 as Olivier also approved).
We can list two positive deputy votes not counting for the decision.

ok, I changed the wiki accordingly.

Florian