Re: [steering-discuss] decision on screenshots

Hi :)
Well the Documentation Team selected a theme that is very similar to a theme
used in Xp, like their silver one, because it gives the best contrast and
readability.  It's fairly clear that it's on gnu&linux tho (imo).

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Production#Sample_screenshots

For Marketing and Websites Teams attention-grabbing colours, activity and
excitement are crucial.  High contrast and readability are very very low on
their lists of requirements possibly even opposite to what will work well for
them.

The 3rd paragraph sets teams against each other (or ignore the SC) rather than
encouraging them to do their best in their opposite directions.  Branding
consistently across the teams is NOT trivial!  I don't envy them at all in
this.

Regards from
Tom :)