Re: [steering-discuss] funding for system operations meeting

David Nelson wrote:
My point is that the sysadmins team is perhaps not developing the
right culture in terms of openness and participation, and that it
would be good to open it up a bit. This is my 2 cents, others may not
see things like that, but...

Hi David,

I indeed disagree here. The admin team for our central
infrastructure (in contrast to e.g. auxiliary sites, staging systems
etc.) will always be a small & closely-knit team of people, with
lots of mutual trust & ideally personal relations.

There's a fundamental difference between sysadmin and e.g. hacking
work, in terms of accountability, auditability, liability,
reviewability, reversibility & the probability to royally fsck
things up. So applying the same yard stick to both groups will not
work.

Let's meet in Paris & talk things through over a beer though. :)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten