Re: [steering-discuss] funding for system operations meeting

Hi Florian,

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 10:20 AM, Florian Effenberger
<floeff@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
It was solely for those having root access, not for web site managers, as
the technical topics were in-depth and detailed.

Yes, well given that you have root access to my server, it would have
been good for me to talk to you about some "in-depth and detailed"
issues.

We definitely plan to have open meetings, but this meeting was really
necessary to make the sysadmins work together, so it was reserved for this
group.

"Work together"? And with the outside world, too, I hope! I posted a
request/proposition to the admins on the website ML a week ago and
still did not get even an answer. I notice sometimes that getting some
attention and cooperation from the libreoffice.org admins is like
trying to get blood out of a stone (and I'm not just talking about my
own posts, others seem to get the same mileage sometimes). So I hope
you at least talked about that kind of in-depth issue too. ;-)

Precisely the problem seems to be that the sysadmins are a closed
group, unlike other teams in the project, and simply don't seem to
work in the same way as other teams. They might be managing key
infrastructure but it's not a reason for working differently - in fact
quite the opposite, they should be especially attentive to working
openly.... it's not a good tendence, IMO.

--
David Nelson