Re: [steering-discuss] funding for system operations meeting

Hi,

Norbert Thiebaud wrote on 2011-07-29 19:07:

I don't disagree that, based on the agenda and participants, it would
make more sens, but then why didn't you put the initial budget
proposal in front of the TDF SC rather than the 'German Association'
board ?

the initial funding was an offer by the German association, like we fund many other events in Germany, so there was initially no need to discuss it with the SC. However, after seeing that we need more money, and thinking about it again, I thought it made more sense to take all money from the TDF account, out of the reasons outlined.

(anyway, my quibbling was triggered by the notion that one should
translate German minutes of another association to be informed on what
is going on at TDF :-) )

No. :-) The problem is that FrODeV and TDF are legally the same entity, but both have their own topics on the agenda, which makes things a bit complicated until TDF is an own entity. :)