[steering-discuss] Call for SC-vote: Using (Windows) Screnshots in TDF materials

Hi,

-1 as this was not what we discussed in the call. This is missing the recommendation to use Linux screenshots (as we acknoledged, that there might be a very low risk otherwise).

André

Hi,

-1 as this was not what we discussed in the call. This is missing the recommendation to use Linux screenshots (as we acknoledged, that there might be a very low risk otherwise).

yes, indeed, that's what we discussed during the call. Maybe Olivier, you can elaborate on what the concrete problem is?

Florian

Hi :slight_smile:
I think it's best to stick with the original wording.
"It is noted that several members of the SC acknowledge the existence of a legal
risk to display screenshots of LibreOffice on Windows, but the risk is deemed
low, therefore, while screenshots on GNU/Linux should be the default ones,
screenshots on Windows are also possible."

It was very smart and left things open for other platforms too. Also that's the
wording that quite a few people have already cast votes on. Mac and Bsd are
side issues in this debate because neither of them have a separate Office Suite
that is a major income stream for them so they are much less likely to fight
tooth&claw against us.

Regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Hi all,

Hi,

-1 as this was not what we discussed in the call. This is missing the
recommendation to use Linux screenshots (as we acknoledged, that there might
be a very low risk otherwise).

yes, indeed, that's what we discussed during the call. Maybe Olivier, you
can elaborate on what the concrete problem is?

-1 from my side too.

Kind regards
Sophie