[steering-discuss] wikipedia

Hi :slight_smile:
I found a page about Calc in Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org_Calc
but it's heavily branded as the OpenOffice version. Writer has 2 pages. One
for OpenOffice and 1 for LibreOffice.

Would it be better to move towards having just 1 page for each application and
then link to OpenOffice, LibreOffice or NeoOffice when appropriate? Specific
pages such as the OpenOffice Calc page could then be extremely short and very
specific since most of the stuff would already be either in the main
cross-product page for Calc or in Apache's documentation?

I imagine each of the 2 lists will diverge in particular points but i don't
think everything needs to be repeated on both lists.
Regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

Hi Tom,

Hi :slight_smile:
I found a page about Calc in Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org_Calc
but it's heavily branded as the OpenOffice version.  Writer has 2 pages.  One
for OpenOffice and 1 for LibreOffice.

Would it be better to move towards having just 1 page for each application and
then link to OpenOffice, LibreOffice or NeoOffice when appropriate?  Specific
pages such as the OpenOffice Calc page could then be extremely short and very
specific since most of the stuff would already be either in  the main
cross-product page for Calc or in Apache's documentation?

I imagine each of the 2 lists will diverge in particular points but i don't
think everything needs to be repeated on both lists.
Regards from
Tom :slight_smile:

My humble 2 cents would be that there should be an equivalent page to
this one that covers LibreOffice Calc alone. I know that people often
seem to refer to LibreOffice and OpenOffice.org as kind-of twin
products, but I'm betting that this will be less and less the case as
time goes by and differences between them accumulate.

Would someone (maybe yourself?) feel like tackling that task on Wikipedia?