Re: [steering-discuss] Re: screen-shots Documentation Team

I think I need a reset:

When and where did Microsoft ever sued a community driven
documentation effort for using picture of a the community's own
software running on Windows ?
Did that really ever happened ?
if so, did Microsoft ever actually win such ludicrous case ?  (I'm not
asking if by some convoluted legal rambling it is perceived as being
_possible_ in some obscure jurisdiction)
Note that if the concern is that 'it could happen' then it can happen
with _any_ gui, including Linux-based GUI.

And quite frankly if that were to happen, it would be a PR bonanza for
us. 'Hiding' the offending 'gui' item under a black dot with 'Censured
by Microsoft' on top... that will get us quite a bit a coverage, most
of them sympathetic I bet..... well worth the aggravation... Heck I'll
even volunteer to add the 'Censured by Microsoft' sticker :-)

IOW: let the documentation team use what-ever platform they want for
their screenshoots, and stop muddying the water with
convoluted-maybe-scare-issues...
Otherwise we are going to have to revise the release schedule to take
into account December 21st 2012. :-)

There are enough real problems to deal with without inventing imaginary one.

Norbert