Re: [steering-discuss] Re: screen-shots Documentation Team

Hi Italo, *,

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 4:09 PM, Italo Vignoli <italo.vignoli@gmail.com> wrote:
In my opinion, documentation screenshots can be entirely Linux (unless there
is a specific feature on a different OS).

My feeling about this (and I *believe* that Jean Weber agrees) is that
documentation contributors should have the option of contributing
screenshots indifferently from Mac, Linux or Windows - although it
would probably be preferable to maintain consistency within a given
guide.

Firstly, this makes it clear that LibreOffice is mult-platform and
consistent across platforms.

Secondly, we want to keep the barrier for new contributors as low as
possible, and not *oblige* them to install new software in order to
work in documentation. This way, hopefully, we can get a lot more
people involved.

These are the key reasons why I'm asking for the SC to take a
position, because we've been meeting quite a bit of opposition from a
relatively small number of people for quite some time now (who want
screenshots taken under Linux only), and it would be nice to get the
issue cleared up one way or another.

I could point out that I'm a daily Linux user myself, but I don't
think we should be dogmatic about it.

--
David Nelson