Re: [steering-discuss] Request for changes of Membership Committee

David,

2011/7/12 David Nelson <lists@traduction.biz>

Hi,

2011/7/11 André Schnabel <andre.schnabel@gmx.net>:
Dear SC members,

as today's MC meeting had to be postponed again we (Sophie and me) like
suggest following changes for the MC:

1. approve all current deputies of the MC plus David Emmerich Jourdain
(who
volunteered as deputiy but has not yet been approved) as full MC members.
(so the MC will have 6 members in total - curent deputies and David of
courrse need to agree on this )

2. approve that the MC should decide on applications in consensus with a
needed qurom of 2/3rd (means currently 4 members).

Reviewing membership applications is (imho) one of the key tasks for our
community - so the current situation is quite unfortunate. Sophie and me
agreed, that we should not take a decision if only two members are in a
meeting.

IMHO, it would be better if the MC were to be composed of more than 4
members... I feel that at least 6 to 9 members would ensure better
processing of MC business, and would ensure better quality
decision-taking (better assurance of impartiality, etc.).

I think it's not a matter of impartiality, but a matter of calibrating what
works best. There's room for improvement in the MC organization, and I think
it's good that the MC itself feels things should improve. Let's see what the
new changes would bring.

best,
Charles.

--