Re: [steering-discuss] Re: screen-shots Documentation Team

Simon Phipps wrote:
Thanks, Alex.  The fact there may be the scope to make a case is different from a calculation of
whether this specific instance is likely to result in one. I do not doubt that it's possible to
make a case; I'm saying there is no reason to believe in this specific instance that the risk of
litigation is any greater than the risk of litigation on any other grounds, and thus it's not
reasonable to restrict the effectiveness of the LibreOffice documentation in order to mitigate this
risk. If you have any /specific/ cases that contradict this view I'd love to see them.

I have been handling marketing for high-tech companies for 30 years, and I have never heard of a litigation for a screenshot taken on a Windows system.

Of course, we must carefully avoid to show portions of the screen which are not relevant to LibreOffice, but it is now very important to show that LibreOffice runs on Windows.

IBM people are trying to spread the concept that LibreOffice is mainly a Linux product, and we must therefore avoid using Linux screenshots as much as we can because they endorse this completely faulty concept.

--
Italo Vignoli
italo.vignoli@gmail.com