Re: [steering-discuss] Re: screen-shots Documentation Team

Hi :)
Except screen-shots in Windows can't have any useful arrows or circles to point
out the exact thing being talked about in the documentation.  They can't even be
cropped to show off particular areas.  Icons can't be shown (?) (without
altering the screen-shot??) and we have to get permission to use any of the
standard MS fonts.

So, the documentation's screen-shots in Windows can only be as unhelpful as the
screen that made the user want to dig into documentation because they couldn't
find what they were looking for.  Screen-shots in Ubuntu (or Mageia or whatever)
can have a tight focus showing a tiny area much "larger than life" and include
arrows or circles/ovals so that people can really spot the useful part of the
screen.

Regards from
Tom :)