Re: [steering-discuss] Re: screen-shots Documentation Team

Hi :)

In the MS vs TomTom case significant 'damages' were awarded to MS because TomTom
were using a file-system that could be read by Windows
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_v._TomTom
http://en.swpat.org/wiki/Microsoft_v._TomTom_%282008,_USA%29
TomTom 'should' have been paying MS for the privilege of selling a product that
worked on MS systems.

The issue about Alfresco is a side-issue.  It's about trying to disrupt
work-flow and doing so 'behind the back' of the established team-leader.  While
David & Jean have spent months setting up good work-flow with lots of discussion
in the team Gary just suddenly decided to throw that out and tell new people to
use his personal inadequate systems.  The team seems to be re-asserting itself
now at last.

The legal issue about screen-shots is more important.  Should we risk using
stuff that some people that have legal experience or knowledge tell us is risky
or should we stick to using safer screen-shots that look almost identical
anyway?  I realise that "almost" is the key-word there but since everyone uses
different themes and skins it's impossible to make it all identical for
everyone.

Regards from
Tom :)