[steering-discuss] draft: timeline for BoD elections

Hi,

as the SC is obligated to end it's existence, we need to think about BoD
elections.

According to our bylaws we have only one fixed period to consider: we
need to announce the elections 45 days in advance. But I think, we need
to have some more milestones in the process.

A rough draft for a time line might look like this:

-45 18.07.11 Announce elections
                   prepare infrastructure
                   document election process details ...
-28 04.08.11 freeze membership applications
-27 05.08.11 start nomination,
                   introduction of nominees
                   discussion with nominees ...
-3 29.08.11 publish final list of nominees
  0 01.09.11 Start of elections
                   elections running
+14 15.09.11 elections closed
                   counting votes,
+17 18.09.11 publish result
                   time to appeal
+22 23.09.11 publish final result

I hope, this gives almost all of our members the chance to take part in
the elections (given the fact, that we have summer vacation time at the
northern hemisphere).

There is not much room to shift the elections or to have longer periods.
Unless we keep the SC in place for some weeks more - e.g. until our
conference - but I would not prefer to do so.

We should also not start much earlier, as we still need to have the
legal statutes for the foundation. We should have a "very close to final
draft" of the statutes before we call for nominations.

regards,

André

Hi,

so - no comments or objections means, that the draft is just to good to be changed? :wink:

If yes, I'd like to have a vote on this in the next SC meeting.

regards,

André

André Schnabel wrote:

so - no comments or objections means, that the draft is just to good
to be changed? :wink:

Quite - let's go with it. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

Hi,

André Schnabel wrote:
> so - no comments or objections means, that the draft is just to good
> to be changed? :wink:

Quite - let's go with it. :slight_smile:

+1

Charles.

Hi,

as the SC is obligated to end it's existence, we need to think about BoD
elections.

ah, it's a pleasure :slight_smile:

According to our bylaws we have only one fixed period to consider: we
need to announce the elections 45 days in advance. But I think, we need
to have some more milestones in the process.

Your timeline is ok for me. The period between 18 and 4 will be somewhat complicated for me, but I hope we're not only we 3 on that.

[...]

me too, I would like to see our engagement respected.

We should also not start much earlier, as we still need to have the
legal statutes for the foundation. We should have a "very close to final
draft" of the statutes before we call for nominations.

Kind regards
Sophie

I agree with the timeline, and we should announce it as soon as we have approved it.

Hi André,

A rough draft for a time line might look like this:

thanks a lot for your work on this - this looks very good to me, indeed!

Florian