Re: [steering-discuss] draft: timeline for BoD elections

On 04/07/2011 21:16, André Schnabel wrote:
Hi,

as the SC is obligated to end it's existence, we need to think about BoD
elections.

ah, it's a pleasure :)
According to our bylaws we have only one fixed period to consider: we
need to announce the elections 45 days in advance. But I think, we need
to have some more milestones in the process.
Your timeline is ok for me. The period between 18 and 4 will be somewhat complicated for me, but I hope we're not only we 3 on that.
A rough draft for a time line might look like this:

-45    18.07.11    Announce elections
                    prepare infrastructure
                    document election process details ...
-28    04.08.11    freeze membership applications
-27    05.08.11    start nomination,
                    introduction of nominees
                    discussion with nominees ...
  -3    29.08.11    publish final list of nominees
   0    01.09.11    Start of elections
                    elections running
+14    15.09.11    elections closed
                    counting votes,
+17    18.09.11    publish result
                    time to appeal
+22    23.09.11    publish final result

I hope, this gives almost all of our members the chance to take part in
the elections (given the fact, that we have summer vacation time at the
northern hemisphere).
+1
There is not much room to shift the elections or to have longer periods.
Unless we keep the SC in place for some weeks more - e.g. until our
conference - but I would not prefer to do so.
me too, I would like to see our engagement respected.
We should also not start much earlier, as we still need to have the
legal statutes for the foundation. We should have a "very close to final
draft" of the statutes before we call for nominations.

Kind regards
Sophie