Re: [steering-discuss] Request for official statement about dedicated logos for community groups

Hi Drew,

Thanks for waking me up ;-)

drew wrote (01-07-11 19:24)
It's also obvious that the clock is ticking on this issue, the folks in
Paraguay are off and running from what I can see, folks (or folk) in
Venezuela are eager to get going, the German team has always been in
place and hold a dominate position in our organization precisely because
they where able to form a strong team, focused on their specific and
local concerns during the previous decade.

Without having looked at any details, I propose to consider a temporary solution. The people need something, and obviously over time it will be all thought, worked out, and discussed. In order that they do not have to wait, we can allow them to use logo X for purpose Y just until the moment that we agreed on a more permanent solution, with a maximum of 12 months (not too much stress on our selves ;-) )

Obviously, a temporary use is not perfect, and will give some wrong interpretation in some (corner) cases. But misinterpretation will be around in any case, if only because people do not read finely grained rules, or even consider the existence of such. And also, better some misunderstanding, than the bad of people not able to for their and ouw project what they want and need to do.

Just my 2 €c,

--
 - Cor
 - http://nl.libreoffice.org