Re: [steering-discuss] Request for official statement about dedicated logos for community groups

On Fri, 2011-07-01 at 00:35 +0200, Bernhard Dippold wrote:
Hi Florian, all

Florian Effenberger schrieb:
Hi Bernhard,

Bernhard Dippold wrote on 2011-06-10 00.25:
There has been a reply by Sophie, but I didn't make out any formal SC
discussion or decision on this topic.

As this covers more than just design and visual identity questions
(definition of teams, how to advertise teams and external groups) I
don't think that this decision should be left to any of the teams like
marketing or design.

Hi Bernhard,

I agree - but why kick it to the SC - why not start the discussion on
the general discussion list and lets work out what it would mean to be a
local team - what general rules folks would want in place, what
responsibilities and requirements would be expected and the like.

IMO right now any decision about a logo policy is premature, whether it
is by your team, marketing or the SC, on this particular point - as
there is still no definition of what a local team is, what it can and
can not do. The use of a custom logo is only one piece of that.

I know that there never seems to be enough time for these kinds of
discussions, but that is never going to change - so speaking for myself
I would make time this coming week to actively engage in a discussion
and work on putting a draft together on the wiki with what comes out of
such a discussion.

It's also obvious that the clock is ticking on this issue, the folks in
Paraguay are off and running from what I can see, folks (or folk) in
Venezuela are eager to get going, the German team has always been in
place and dominates here

I'm really concerned that if only a logo use policy is put in place
there is a chance for continued problems from misunderstanding what the
use of such a logo will imply.

Then afterwards that draft could be presented to the SC for adoption.

<snip>

Thanks,

//drew