[steering-discuss] SC Call on Saturday

Hi,

I might not be able to join the SC Call on Saturday, as I am on the TDF admin weekend in Munich. Christoph, can you jump in for me?

Thanks,
Florian

Hi Florian,

Hi,

I might not be able to join the SC Call on Saturday, as I am on the TDF
admin weekend in Munich. Christoph, can you jump in for me?

I got a question about this calls, until now via skype.

The last time I talked with Olivier about this calls, he told me that Skype
is not always supporting us all in conversation. And even with the Talkyoo
helping, still happens any technical difficulties (here and there).

I would suggest that (maybe) be interesting to test the TeamSpeak.
We can configure a service on a TDF-server to receive the calls, and each
participant will have a login to use it in these calls.

It's just a suggestion, an idea.
My 2 euros, 'cause 2 cents is too little. :wink:

MfG.,

David

David Emmerich Jourdain wrote:

I would suggest that (maybe) be interesting to test the TeamSpeak.
We can configure a service on a TDF-server to receive the calls, and each
participant will have a login to use it in these calls.

Hm, if we go for our own solution - I'd rather suggest Mumble
(http://mumble.sourceforge.net/). That reportedly works very well
for a number of people.

I gather TeamSpeak is not opensource?

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

Hi Thorsten, hi all,

David Emmerich Jourdain wrote:
> I would suggest that (maybe) be interesting to test the TeamSpeak.
> We can configure a service on a TDF-server to receive the calls, and each
> participant will have a login to use it in these calls.

Hm, if we go for our own solution - I'd rather suggest Mumble
(http://mumble.sourceforge.net/). That reportedly works very well
for a number of people.

Maybe a better option, I think. I know mumble, but I have never used
intensively. So, I can't comment about performance.

I gather TeamSpeak is not opensource?

No. TeamSpeak is not opensource, as our current solution.
I was only thinking to consider another tool, to guarantee quality to the
calls.

But, as you suggested, perhaps mumble is a better option.

MfG.,

David

Hi Florian!

Hi,

I might not be able to join the SC Call on Saturday, as I am on the TDF
admin weekend in Munich. Christoph, can you jump in for me?

Hehe, I'm visiting my sister's family as well - but should be doable
somehow; as long as we can stick with a usual phone conference.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to test/stabilize the mumble service
until the weekend.

I hope this will be okay for the other participants. And, nice having
the opportunity (duty?) to join again :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Christoph

Alexander Werner wrote:

I have setup a default mumble-server installation on
vm3.documentfoundation.org, port 64738.
Anyone who likes to test mumble, please log in with your desired
username, then right klick on your user in the channel list and select
"register". Then drop me a short note and I will give you admin rights.

> However, we can try to combine it with phones (Asterisk :slight_smile: and we can
> also use these tools when for a dedicated call, e.g. for certain teams,
> this solution without phones is enough.

The channel and ACL-centric approach in mumble is very suitable for
teaming, and having another tool at hand is never wrong I think.

I wrote:

David Emmerich Jourdain wrote:
> I would suggest that (maybe) be interesting to test the TeamSpeak.
> We can configure a service on a TDF-server to receive the calls, and each
> participant will have a login to use it in these calls.

Hm, if we go for our own solution - I'd rather suggest Mumble
(http://mumble.sourceforge.net/). That reportedly works very well
for a number of people.

So it seems we already have a mumble test install - please sync with
Alex for trials.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

Hey guys i have used mumble and its a great secure app and very low latency.

One big perk is your not restricted on listeners. it depends on the configuration on how many listeners you can have.

I am wondering if we can take for instance other things to it like development. discussions and work to a channel on there.