Re: [steering-discuss] About elections

Hi Dave, Norbert,
On 10/06/2011 15:30, Dave Neary wrote:
Hi,
[...]

First, thank you both for this discussion, I'm jumping here, just for a comment on the online Opal.

OpenSTV is GPL, but only available for download for a fee.

Really? News to me! It wasn't up until OpenSTV 1.6. I'd be happy to
share my copy with anyone who needs it.

Ooh: I just saw this on the openstv blog: http://www.openstv.org/node/133

If you have<=10 candidates and<=1000 voters, you can do the voting
online, with hosted OpenSTV.

I'm not very happy with this voting hosted elsewhere, with a google account to manage everything.

It would be nice to find a way for anyone, or at the very least for
Members, to be able to use the raw result and re-calculate the result
for themselves...

Why not buy one copy of the source code and share it among OOo members
who don't want to pay $5 to Jeff?

Yes, may be we should discuss all this quite quickly now. It's a good tool with different voting methods implemented

(@André: we could even use the schulze method ;)

Others, do you have an idea on it?

Kind regards
Sophie