Re: [steering-discuss] proposed bylaws changes

Hi Toki,

toki wrote on 2011-06-10 19.16:

When I was reading German law on non-profits, my impression was the
By-Laws had to specify how members of the board of directors, and any
advisory board were selected, and mid-term replacements done.

I don't see anything in the by-laws that specifies how mid-term
replacements are done. Is that not legally required?

we have some rules on that, like "Each member of the BoD must appoint one Community Member as deputy who can replace her/him in case of need, and who has the same rights during her/his period of absence or unavailability." or "The Chairperson can be discharged and replaced by the BoD at any time."

However, it indeed might be needed that we incorporate some more details into the binding statutes we are currently preparing. I have details on this soon.

Thanks for pointing this out!