Re: [steering-discuss] About elections

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 5:08 PM, Florian Effenberger
<floeff@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
Hi,

FYI: We asked the Membership Committee to follow-up with some information on
membership status and elections soon, so stay tuned. :-)

Practical question:

Shouldn't the MC start collecting ssh public-key ?
People having commit access to git or login to any infra box already
have one available... but some member may not have one already on file
and collecting them with some level of chain of trust may not be
completely trivial, and more importantly, may induce some significant
delay.

I suppose the the election won't be conducted in-person, but
presumably on-line... some level of temper-proof seems necessary, if
for no other reason than to avoid FUD and smear campaign about the
legitimacy of our process (there have been enough of that already in
the blog of a notorious Big Blue employee)

Norbert