Re: [steering-discuss] About elections

----- Original Message ----
From: sophie <gautier.sophie@gmail.com>
To: steering-discuss@documentfoundation.org
Sent: Mon, 6 June, 2011 12:35:04
Subject: Re: [steering-discuss] About elections

Hi Tom,
On 06/06/2011 14:20, Tom Davies wrote:
[...]

Hi  :)
Agreed.  But the founders have shown good strategic planning and  good
planning
for the future as shown by the way things have played out  in the last few
weeks.  I think it would take time for newly  elected people to have such
commitment to the long-term  vision.
Thanks for the flowers as we also say in French :)

I  have to point out that i am not a founder and not even a regular member.
I've
had disagreements and arguments with founders but  have always  had good
reason
to respect even the ones i disagree with.
Even if no  more a member of the SC, I will still consider me as a founder. But
it's not  what is important to my eyes. The importance for me reside in the fact
that even  if I'm not a SC member, I'll still have a say because I'm a member of
the  Foundation, and though can express my feeling and my wills for the present
or  the future of the foundation and it's community.
And I'm sure that the new  formed SC will take them into account, we're not new
and have always shared our  knowledge and experience.

Kind regards
Sophie

Hi :)
True.  Weirdly i hadn't thought of that point lol :)

I think the important issue to vote on is the Apache issue.  I was wondering if
it might be possible to collaborate with them to put a wiki-page together on the
TDF wiki so that the different lists can vote on the issue and discuss on the
lists.  The vote probably couldn't be taken as definite decision but might be
helpful to gauge general feeling.

Regards from
Tom :)