Re: [steering-discuss] About elections

----- Original Message ----
From: sophie <gautier.sophie@gmail.com>
To: steering-discuss@documentfoundation.org
Sent: Mon, 6 June, 2011 12:10:30
Subject: Re: [steering-discuss] About elections

Hi Volker, all,
On 06/06/2011 13:02, Volker Merschmann  wrote:
[...]

I'd like to add that not every contributor  wants to be a member of the
foundation. Especially those who are payed  for the work might not like
to have a too personal connection.

We can ask the membership committee if there is a reasonable number  of
applications left which can be finished in the next days.
Yes  there is still several applications, either we have to statute on or that
have  just arrived since last week. We did had difficulties to meet during May,
but we  have now a regular meeting on Monday, so that may help to speed the
process  too.
Else we should go ahead for the reasons given by Florian.
The  time needed to put in place the process to organize the elections would be
enough to have the members incorporated by the Committee, so no need to delay,
both could run side by side.
Also this is often a reproach that the SC  members have not been elected, so
for me, the sooner the better to have a clear  and fair situation.

Kind regards
Sophie

Hi :)
Agreed.  But the founders have shown good strategic planning and good planning
for the future as shown by the way things have played out in the last few
weeks.  I think it would take time for newly elected people to have such
commitment to the long-term vision.

I have to point out that i am not a founder and not even a regular member.  I've
had disagreements and arguments with founders but  have always had good reason
to respect even the ones i disagree with.
Regards from
Tom :)