Re: [steering-discuss] About elections

Hi Volker, all,
On 06/06/2011 13:02, Volker Merschmann wrote:
[...]

I'd like to add that not every contributor wants to be a member of the
foundation. Especially those who are payed for the work might not like
to have a too personal connection.

We can ask the membership committee if there is a reasonable number of
applications left which can be finished in the next days.
Yes there is still several applications, either we have to statute on or that have just arrived since last week. We did had difficulties to meet during May, but we have now a regular meeting on Monday, so that may help to speed the process too.
Else we should go ahead for the reasons given by Florian.
The time needed to put in place the process to organize the elections would be enough to have the members incorporated by the Committee, so no need to delay, both could run side by side. Also this is often a reproach that the SC members have not been elected, so for me, the sooner the better to have a clear and fair situation.

Kind regards
Sophie