Re: [steering-discuss] About elections

Hi,

2011/6/6 Florian Effenberger <floeff@documentfoundation.org>:
Tom Davies wrote on 2011-06-06 11.22:

I think 100 is still quite small compared to the numbers of people
actually
involved.  So the list of members is still more like a special-interest
sub-set.  The founder members are doing a great job and i hope that they
stay in
place for a long while yet.

thanks for the flowers, as we say in Germany. :-)

Well, there are two things:
The steering committee has to end its existence one year after being set in
place, which would be, depending on how that needs to be counted, either end
of August, or September 28th.

In addition, to set up the Foundation in Germany, we need to provide the
names of the legal representatives. As we hope to have the legal paperwork
finished soon, we also need those names. So, maybe waiting one or two more
weeks is possible, but given that we have been accepting members for a few
weeks already, I guess the time that is right will come soon ;)

I'd like to add that not every contributor wants to be a member of the
foundation. Especially those who are payed for the work might not like
to have a too personal connection.

We can ask the membership committee if there is a reasonable number of
applications left which can be finished in the next days.
Else we should go ahead for the reasons given by Florian.

Volker

--
Volker Merschmann
Member of The Document Foundation