[steering-discuss] Hello... and also lurking!

Hello!

I have also just subscribed to both discuss@ and steering-discuss@
in hopes that if there are questions here regarding OOo, LOo, TDF
and the ASF, I can respond. I'm also here to also ask that if
you feel more comfortable emailing me directly, that is fine
as well.

Cheers!

Welcome to TDF Jim.

Best,
Charles.

Hi Jim,

Hello!

I have also just subscribed to both discuss@ and steering-discuss@ in
hopes that if there are questions here regarding OOo, LOo, TDF and the ASF,
I can respond. I'm also here to also ask that if you feel more comfortable
emailing me directly, that is fine as well.

Be sure that we are very honored with your presence here.
I'm sure we'll do many good stuff together.

Welcome to TDF.

David

Thanks, but "honored" is for sure too strong a word :slight_smile:

Hi Jim,

Hello!

I have also just subscribed to both discuss@ and steering-discuss@ in
hopes that if there are questions here regarding OOo, LOo, TDF and the ASF,
I can respond. I'm also here to also ask that if you feel more comfortable
emailing me directly, that is fine as well.

I'm lurking too...
... but if you want a measured response, I'd like to point you in
Jim's direction...

Be sure that we are very honored with your presence here.
I'm sure we'll do many good stuff together.

Thanks, but "honored" is for sure too strong a word :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

I'm an Apache Member too but (unlike Jim) I can't get away without
introduction[1][2][3][4]

I would also like to announce I have an agenda: I'm a big fan of
LibreOffice and think it capable of successfully disrupting the
market. I'd like to try to open some minds (and maybe change some
attitudes) here with the aim of helping to accelerate this process.

I've spent too long in the past arguing about FOSS ideology in the
past and these days would rather be coding. I hope all we share a
community orientation (though we may argue about the meaning of
freedom). I will try to avoid being drawing into ideological
arguments. Please help me to do :slight_smile:

I expect to jump in a little bit more actively with the hope of
correcting misunderstandings early

I speak for no one but myself

Would this all be okay with everyone?

FWIW I've never been paid to code FOSS and currently my life today
revolves around recovering from a serious injury (before you ask, it's
much improved allowing me to do stuff like this :slight_smile:

Robert

[1] http://robertburrelldonkin.name
[2] http://www.ohloh.net/accounts/robertburrelldonkin
[3] http://robertburrelldonkin.me.uk/
[4] http://itstechupnorth.me.uk

Hi Robert, Jim,

>> Hi Jim,
>>

>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I have also just subscribed to both discuss@ and steering-discuss@ in
>>> hopes that if there are questions here regarding OOo, LOo, TDF and the
ASF,
>>> I can respond. I'm also here to also ask that if you feel more
comfortable
>>> emailing me directly, that is fine as well.

I'm lurking too...
... but if you want a measured response, I'd like to point you in Jim's
direction...

>> Be sure that we are very honored with your presence here.
>> I'm sure we'll do many good stuff together.
>>

> Thanks, but "honored" is for sure too strong a word :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

Jim, when I say honored, this is recognition of your voluntary participation
in our list. It shows that you see on TDF-list a honest space too for
dialogue and cooperation. Just as on the ASF-lists. Again, we're honored
with your presence here. :wink:

I'm an Apache Member too but (unlike Jim) I can't get away without
introduction[1][2][3][4]

I would also like to announce I have an agenda: I'm a big fan of
LibreOffice and think it capable of successfully disrupting the market.

Thank you so much for your words, Robert.
TDF is really trying to do the best for the community.

I'd like to try to open some minds (and maybe change some attitudes) here
with the aim of helping to accelerate this process.

I've spent too long in the past arguing about FOSS ideology in the past and

these days would rather be coding. I hope all we share a community
orientation (though we may argue about the meaning of freedom). I will try
to avoid being drawing into ideological arguments. Please help me to do :slight_smile:

We are aligned with this thought.

I expect to jump in a little bit more actively with the hope of correcting
misunderstandings early

I speak for no one but myself

Me too.

Would this all be okay with everyone?

I think so.

FWIW I've never been paid to code FOSS and currently my life today revolves
around recovering from a serious injury (before you ask, it's much improved
allowing me to do stuff like this :slight_smile:

And Robert, it's very good your presence here as well. Welcome. :wink:

Best,

David