Re: [steering-discuss] Recent incomplete or non-existent records of SC meetings

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 3:19 PM, David Nelson <commerce@traduction.biz> wrote:
Hi Norbert, :-)

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 23:12, Norbert Thiebaud <nthiebaud@gmail.com> wrote:
That must have been a recent glitch, because I do recall having listen
to these recording in their entirety a the time...
actually I think that is a problem on your side. I just re-listen to
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/1/16/Talkyoo-537138-2011-04-30-1473097.mp3
and it is fine and complete

I have an excellent Internet connection, and looking at some of the
file sizes tells me that they really are incomplete...

And I just actually _listen_ to one of the one you said was
incomplete... and the last seconds of the record is 'ok then..this is
all.. goodbye... goodbye... goodbye... <click>' (i'm paraphrasing)
so it sounded to me that it was the complete call., furthermore I
_did_ listen to every-one of these recording available on the wiki,
and, at the time at least, none of them felt like they were truncated
in anyway.
So... I'm not disputing that your experience may have varied, but I
provided a data point that tend to suggest that any problem would be
on your side of the connection (and bandwidth is not the only thing
involved, the OS, the browser, the plug-ins and any number of factor
may be involved)

But, even
putting that aside, the lack of notes at some meetings and the falling
attendance are both indisputable...

_I_ have not commented on that at all, hence I have not disputed your
position on that either...

but since you mentioned it. I would note that the lack of attendance
seems to be correlated with whether the meeting was held on a week-end
or on week-day.
iow the usual conflict between volunteers schedules and full-staff schedule :-)

Norbert