Re: [steering-discuss] Reminder: TDF SC call in CW 20

Hi,

Michael Meeks wrote on 2011-05-20 11.27:
        OK - I won't make it. However - the ESC are all behind partially
funding Lanedo to work on gnumake (cf. minutes), and it seems we've had
support from other SC members.

basically, I trust the developers, and I see myself that this is an important topic, so...

        I'd love a final vote on that - and quickly moving to how we can fund
that - preferably not blocking on transfers etc. but funding it direct
from the association, if we can't do that we need to poke SPI I suppose
(which may be harder).

...I have no general objections. What we maybe should do is indeed draft some budget plan before we go on and spend money. We have roughly about 93.000 € on the account at the moment, so we have about 43.000 € to spend, not counting in monthly fees, outstanding lawyer fees for trademarks, outstanding notary and probably lawyer fees for the legal setup. There are many things we could jump in, so having a rough idea on what is to be spent and how would be helpful.

So, no general objection to the proposal, but more a new task seeking for volunteers, to draft a budget plan we can stick to. :)

Legally, I first have to ask our board if we (German association) can spend the money that way. Shouldn't be a problem normally, but before you make a fixed deal, wait for feedback :)