Re: [steering-discuss] Quo Vadis TDF Development - paid support based model ?

Il 19/05/2011 13.02, Italo Vignoli ha scritto:
Yes, we see it as a source of revenues for TDF, in order to fund
development and other activities, although we must be careful as there
will be different levels of involvement (and different fees, including
zero fees for people and companies already contributing to the project
with activities and developers). Also, several TDF contributors will
work on the certification process. Difficult task, but challenging for
everyone, as it is really a chance to define a new business model for
FOSS projects.

These are all good news.

Indeed, I'm not the greatest fan of a Foundation/Corporation dualism "à la Mozilla", because of too commistions of interests, so the new business model looks like a really good idea.

BTW, is there any public ML or other collaboration tool that I can use to follow the certification process evolution? At least I'll stop my huge OT in this list. :)

Anyway, thanks for your and Michael's reply.

Regards,

Gianluca
--
Lettura gratuita o acquisto di libri e racconti di fantascienza,
fantasy, horror, noir, narrativa fantastica e tradizionale: