Re: [steering-discuss] Quo Vadis TDF Development - paid support based model ?

On 5/19/11 12:09 PM, Gianluca Turconi wrote:
Michael Meeks wrote:
So - it is fairly clear that TDF will not be providing enterprise
support itself - and it is clear that others are/will-be.

Can I ask if this is a choice or a contingent duty related to the legal
nature of the Foundation in Germany?

TDF has chosen not to provide enterprise support directly, but it will build - and maintain - an ecosystem where companies of any size will be able to provide such a support being "certified" (recognized) by TDF. I am working at this program (unfortunately, it is taking an awful amount of time for problems not related to TDF).

--
Italo Vignoli - The Document Foundation
email italo.vignoli@documentfoundation.org