Re: [steering-discuss] Quo Vadis TDF Development - paid support based model ?

Alexander Thurgood wrote:
This has repercussions for me to the extent that it is not how I
envisaged, or indeed, how I understood, the project to be grounded. It
shows what I feel is a certain lack of consideration for those people
from business communities who have contributed in the past to improving
the product (in its largest sense, i.e. from OOo times), creating
documentation, bug hunting and triaging, and who probably helped with
the donations to create the foundation in the first place.

Hi Alex,

TDF's mission surely also includes catering for 'business' users.
Our ability to perform that will grow over time (remember, we're
starting this organisation from scratch) - and encouraging people
who can afford it to get paid support from one of our member
companies helps the project a lot.

Now, for your notion that you don't have a say - in fact you have,
as a member of the project, you can collectively influence many more
things than there was ever possible at OOo - including how money is
spent in the future. Please *do* feel encouraged to apply for
membership - if you want to affect change, that's the best advice I
can give.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten