[steering-discuss] Quo Vadis TDF Development - paid support based model ?

Hi all,

A recent discussion on the developer list has brought me to ask myself
where, if anywhere, there is a positive statement or decision on
development strategy that implies or explicitly mentions that
"enterprise stability" can/will only be expected in the LibreOffice
product if companies / administrations / large user bases buy support
contracts ?

This has repercussions for me to the extent that it is not how I
envisaged, or indeed, how I understood, the project to be grounded. It
shows what I feel is a certain lack of consideration for those people
from business communities who have contributed in the past to improving
the product (in its largest sense, i.e. from OOo times), creating
documentation, bug hunting and triaging, and who probably helped with
the donations to create the foundation in the first place.

Any pointers would be useful.

TIA,

Alex