Re: [steering-discuss] Request for official statement about dedicated logos for community groups

Hi Bernhard, all
On 17/05/2011 00:31, Bernhard Dippold wrote:
Hello SC members and deputies,

there has been a request to use a dedicated LibreOffice logo for a local team at Venezuela, that has not been replied by now in a way that I know what kind of logo is appreciated for such a group.
I thought I answered the list and you about that, sorry if I didn't.

Therefore I'd like to propose my position as starting point for a SC discussion, leading to a decision we can base our work on and upload to the wiki for future reference.

What I think is:

All officially supported dedicated team logos should consist of
- the main LibreOffice logo
- the team's name (and short name, if applicable)
- an area for a graphic especially designed for this team (team related branding element)
Agreed and underlined that we are talking about team.

For consistency and branding reasons the main visual element should be the LibreOffice logo and the other elements should be positioned in the same area for all the teams. Such a template should be provided by the Design team and can be based on any community members ideas.

B) Logos for LibreOffice conference are similar to A), even if the conference team might not be given a website or mailing lists with the names mentioned in A).

D) Individual community members (approved by the Membership Committee) should be allowed to use a logo without TDF containing a subline "Community member". This logo could be placed as button on their external website or on a business card (following a design to be provided among our branding resources). This logo is not allowed to be used to behave like an official LibreOffice or TDF spokesperson or representative.

E) Local teams based on individual community members or supporters not being approved as community members by the MC should use a logo that contains "Supporter of" or "<team name> for" (e.g. "Venezuelan user group for LibreOffice"). These logos should respect the branding guidelines (especially background color and whitespace area), but are more free in their design. The design team will provide a template for such logos too.
I would be less restrictive about this one. I think that non official teams should be able to use whatever they want provided it's not using official parts of our design.

I'd like to create drafts for each of these logos during the next days, but perhaps you can already understand what I mean:

Official TDF/LibreOffice teams should get an official logo to identify them. Individuals, supporters and non-official teams can use the LibreOffice logo based on the branding guidelines (and on the trademark policy), but not as approval for any official status - except the status as TDF community member.
ok, with the provision of my remark above.

Kind regards
Sophie