Re: [steering-discuss] Vendor string usage in third-party package of LibreOffice

Francois Tigeot wrote:
Sigh. Well, the intended meaning is as Michael originally said -
LibreOffice is ok to use, TDF is reserved. Hints on how to improve
the wording appreciated. ;)

I'm not sure what to do here; I believe the original thinkers behind the
existing text did not take into account the reality of packaging and
redistribution.

Hi Francois,

hm, a few of the original thinkers are Linux distributors - and
what's wrong with the "NetBSD pkgsrc team" name? It's not that
the name LibreOffice is restrained in any substantial way, like the
Mozilla foundation did with FireFox ...

Cheers,

-- Thorsten