Re: [steering-discuss] Re: LibreOffice TSC call, Thur May 12th - 15:00 UTC...

Hi Alexander,

On Mon, 2011-05-16 at 12:30 +0200, Alexander Thurgood wrote:
Reminds me of an old bug that the Ubuntu versions used to have, very
disconcerting when you have a pool of users who keep ringing you up and
telling you that your latest rollout made all their user settings
disappear, and really doesn't make the product look professional !!

        Wow - it sounds like you need a support contract from someone, anyone -
and/or to pay a consultant to investigate the situation and fix it for
you :-) At least, I don't recall ever having seen this issue - and I
re-start LibreOffice really quite a lot - but perhaps I'm not looking
for it.

Again, putting the resources down to fixing things like this all boils
down to the question of how serious the Foundation is about making LibO
an appealing option to businesses. Not an easy question to answer give
the youth of the project at the moment.

        If you are a business - you are encouraged to help assist the
development of LibreOffice by buying support from someone :-)

        If you are an individual - then reporting excellent bugs, and/or better
providing patches, hacking, helping to review other's patches etc. are
great ways to contribute.

        ATB,

                Michael.