[steering-discuss] Re: LibreOffice TSC call, Thur May 12th - 15:00 UTC...

Hi,

I have added other people from TSC to CC.

Rainer Bielefeld píše v Ne 15. 05. 2011 v 10:51 +0200:
Hi,

as I said during the discussion, I created a list with Bugs that might
be 3.4 blockers. Of course, it's only my private opinion, but may be an
impress like a barometer of public opinion?

<http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:RBd/Workbench#.22My.22_3.4.0_blockers>

Nice list. I think that we should do our best for fix the bug 36991
(suspicious random crash with pictures) and the bug 36482 (missing PDF
options dialog).

Otherwise, it is perfectly fine to have these bugs linked to the "most
annoying bugs". Though, I think that neither of them blocks the 3.4.0
release. See my notes below.

Note that the download page will suggest 3.3.2 as the stable version.
Nobody should expect that 3.4.0 would be less buggy than 3.3.2. Most
bugs in your list were in 3.3.x. If we were not able to fix some bugs
for 3.4.x bug fix releases, it was because they were not easy to fix. I
agree that they are annoying but they can't block the 3.4.0 release.

Bug 36991 - crash when duplicating draw page with linked wmf pictures
I think a crash in a basic function that might affect many users is not
acceptable.

I agree that it is annoying and we should fix it ASAP. It seems to
behave very randomly. There might be more similar crashes...

Well, I think that it need not block the 3.4.0 release. It is reported
with linked pictures but pictures are not linked by default. Also I am
not able to reproduce this when I link the picture only once.

Bug 36820 - PDFEXPORT with option "Tagged PDF" crashes WRITER documents
I think a crash in a basic function that might affect many users is not
acceptable. Unfortunately even not confirmed.

I do not think that it is a blocker. It is reported only for a
particular document. Two other people are not able to reproduce this.

Bug 36545 - Crash when selecting target after inserting hyperlink to
database document (.odb)
I think a crash in a basic function that might affect many users is not
acceptable.

Alex writes in the comment #8 that he sees it with OOo-3.2.1 => old bug
=> can't block 3.4.0

Bug 36306 - LibreOffice 3.4 beta1 crash in Letter Wizard
I think a crash in a basic function that might affect many users is not
acceptable. But I am not sure how many users really use that wizard.

I agree that it is annoying. Well, as you say, we are not sure how many
users need this functionality. I think that it is not a core function
and need not be working in 3.4.0.

Bug 31606 - Exporting a selection of pages to PDF has pagerange wrong
because of blank pages
An office suite should be able to print some selected pages and nothing
else. With this problem confidential information might reach wrong
recipient.

Happened also with LO-3.3.0 => old => can't block 3.4.0

Bug 36482 - PDF EXPORT Options dialog missing - in relation with user
profile of previous (...) version
Very visible bug, workaround inacceptable if lots of users will be
affected. But no blocker if we can be sure that only a limited number of
users will be affected.

I agree that we should fix it ASAP. It would be great to fix them for
3.4.0. IMHO, it need not block the release. We have a workaround and we
could mention it in release notes.

Bug 33915 - user settings get lost after several restarts
Very Very annoying, but I can't tell how many users might be affected.

Happened also with LO-3.3.0 => old => can't block 3.4.0

Bug 34184 - Task: Make E-mail MAILMERGE usable.
Since LibO project has started tis feature does not work, and with every
new final release fix for the bugs gets shifted to the next and to the
next and ... . But it seems I'm the only one using email-mailmerge?

Happened also with LO-3.3.0 => old => can't block 3.4.0

Best Regards,
Petr