[steering-discuss] Draft for membership process announcement

Hi,

overdue, but we are now able to start really soon. To kick of the membership process I wrote some brief message (hope it's well enough to be a start).

please review and comment.

@Florian / Christian: I guess, the form is already accessible for eveyone but not yet linked from the TDF website? Can you coordinat, that this will be linked, when we send the annuncement?

thanks and regards,

André

To be sent to
announce@documentfoundation.org
libreoffice@lists.freedesktop.org
l10n@libreoffice.org
website@libreoffice.org
documentation@libreoffice.org
marketing@libreoffice.org
design@libreoffice.org

+ blogged at the official TDF blog

With the last months the community around LibreOffice and the Document Foundation worked hard to establish policies, processes, infrastructure and all the things you need to deliver a high quality software. One of our basic principles is that we will acknowledge this merit and allow all the contributors to become official members of our community. All members will have the right to run for a seat in the Foundation's board of directors, elect the board and drive the future of our projects.

From now on all of you can apply for membership via our webform [1] . The membership committee is eager to receive your applications.

Please help us to process your request quickly. Read and follow the form's introduction carefully, provide a good description of your contributions and list at least two contacts who can confirm your contributions.

The TDF Membership Committee,
     Sophie Gautier,
     Fridrich Strba,
     André Schnabel,
     Cor Nouws

Links:

application form:
     http://www.documentfoundation.org/application-for-tdf-community-membership/
community bylaws:
     http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/CommunityBylaws
more about the Membership Committee:
     http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Membership_Committee

Hi André,

it already is. www.documentfoundation.org, heading tab "Application" :slight_smile: For changes, like a differnet name, best is to ping the website list.

overdue, but we are now able to start really soon. To kick of the
membership process I wrote some brief message (hope it's well enough to
be a start).

oh, and I like the draft! +1 from my side. :slight_smile:

Florian

Hi André

Hi,

overdue, but we are now able to start really soon. To kick of the membership process I wrote some brief message (hope it's well enough to be a start).

please review and comment.

+1 for me, it's good, thanks

Kind regards
Sophie

+1

Hi,

ok, I'll send it to the lists in ~1hr ... can someone please post it to the TDF blog (or send me quick instructions how to post there - I somehow lost it).

regards,

André

I will post it around the same time

Just published on TDF Blog

Hi,

@Florian / Christian: I guess, the form is already accessible for
eveyone but not yet linked from the TDF website?

I would like to propose to change the wording in the application form

from:

"If you are an existing Foundation member"

to:

"If you are an existing TDF community member"

Note: There is no membership of the foundation.

Regards,
Stefan

sophie wrote (18-04-11 20:02)

overdue, but we are now able to start really soon. To kick of the
membership process I wrote some brief message (hope it's well enough
to be a start).

please review and comment.

+1 for me, it's good, thanks

same for me!

(BTW, is there any link to the by laws from the main site?)

Cor

Great! +1