Re: [steering-discuss] Confused by our Trademark Policy ...

Hello Florian,

Le Tue, 29 Mar 2011 16:52:55 +0200,
Florian Effenberger <floeff@documentfoundation.org> a écrit :

Hi Charles,

Charles-H. Schulz wrote on 2011-03-23 18.04:

Voilà. SC members, feel free to vote again, or shout (but for the
very last time).

thanks a lot for managing this, and for your patience. +1 to the
policy.

Just one small thing: Legally, marks do currently *not* belong to
TDF, as TDF does not exist. They legally belong to OOoDeV, but I
would waive the necessity to mention that until either OOoDeV has
renamed itself (the annual meeting will decide on that in April), or
TDF legally exists.

OK, but then the TM policy is adopted anyway... :)

Another mark: Maybe we should add a version and/or a date to the TM
policy, so we know which version people refer to. Like "TM policy as
of 2011-03-29"

there's the date on the wiki that's automatically there, with the
revision, etc.

And then a note: Google has locked our two marks for use in
advertising, so I hope this will limit the amount of fraudulent
sites. Anyone seeking permission to use these marks in advertising
can also contact the legal@ alias and we can decide on exceptions. I
want things to be as easy as possible.

+1, thanks for handling this!

TM Policy ADOPTED!