Re: [steering-discuss] Approval of our Trademark Policy

On 3/1/11 6:19 PM, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:

Please vote +1 or -1 in order to approve the trademark policy (text is
here: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TradeMark_Policy)

This sentence:

Trademarks cover the following names: "The Document Foundation", and "LibreOffice". "TDF" and "LibO" are not trademarks, they are just acronyms we use for convenience. Every time these acronyms are used in this document, they refer to "The Document Foundation" and/or "LibreOffice".

is inconsistent with this other sentence:

TDF owns a number of trademarks and these include The Document Foundation, TDF, LibreOffice and LibO. As other trademarks are created or registered, this list will be updated.

This second sentence should read:

TDF owns a number of trademarks, and these include The Document Foundation and LibreOffice. As other trademarks are created or registered, this list will be updated.

In addition, in the second part of the document, "TDF Trademarks" has been substituted by "the Marks", and this may lead to confusion. "The Marks" should be replaced by "TDF Trademarks".

Once amended, the document is OK for me.

--
Italo Vignoli
italo.vignoli@gmail.com