RE : Re: [steering-discuss] Re: Trademark Policy of the Document Foundation

Bernhard,

Yes, exactly. Thank you for reading my mind :-)

Best,
Charles.

Le 20 févr. 2011, 7:50 PM, "Bernhard Dippold" <bernhard@familie-dippold.at> a
écrit :

Hello Charles, all,

one single point to clarify:

Charles-H. Schulz schrieb:

[...]

Bernhard Dippold wrote: >> >> >> a) *The product* itself contains the
*logo with TDF subline*. >>...
This could be understood as if it would not be allowed to distribute the
unmodified binaries by other means than via our mirror service.

In my understanding it has to be clear that people are allowed to distribute
our product, burn it on CD/DVD, copy it on USB-Stick or any other device as
long as the binaries have not been modified.

This product will (of course, as it is unmodified) contain the logo with TDF
subline.

But when they refer to this product, print the logo on the label or cover,
advertise it on their homepage or present it on a download page, they have
to use the logo without subline.

Even if they distribute our unchanged product it is necessary to avoid the
impression as they would represent the community and/or TDF as producer of
the office suite.

Did you mean it this way?

Best regards

Bernhard