Re: [steering-discuss] Re: Trademark Policy of the Document Foundation

Hi Alex,

On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 15:00 +0100, Alexander Thurgood wrote:
    I suppose they need permission :-)
..
With the caveat of the "fair use" exception, which does not require

        Sure, sure - however, we cannot write a single document for every
jurisdiction that covers all notions of fair-use, and is yet readable,
and helpful.

        Certainly - copyright only works in some jurisdictions - but we still
have licenses left and right that assume it works everywhere :-) So - do
you see a problem with broadly laying out what we do and don't expect ?

        Honestly, I expect the SC to be very forgiving for all legitimate and
constructive users.

        ATB,

                Michael.