[steering-discuss] About Membership Committee

Hi,

as told in last weeks meeting, we (Sophie, Fridrich, me)
had some off-list discussion about the MC process.

Our initial thoughts are documented at
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Talk:TDF/Membership_Committee

Please note, that this is the *talk* page, so all this reflects
our opinion, nothing fixed yet. But as Sophi, Fridrich and me
agreed on the general idea, we would be able to start, once we fixed
some details. (tbd soon).

What we already know, is that we need a set of TDF members to
bootstrap the process. E.g. if there is no posibility to "measure"
a member's merit, we neet to ask other members for verification.
And obviously MC members should be members of TDF as well.

Therefore I put two items to today's SC call agenda:

1st: please approve that people listed at
   http://www.documentfoundation.org/foundation/
are current members of TDF according to our ByLaws

2nd: approve Fridrich Strba as member of TDF

Thanks and regards,

André