Re: [steering-discuss] Re: [libreoffice-users] development & releases

Hi Dotan, *,

Am Samstag, 22. Januar 2011, 19:41:13 schrieb Dotan Cohen:
(...)
Are you suggesting that upstream (OOo) bugs are fixed independently in
LibreOffice? Or are you referring to LibreOffice specific bugs? For
that matter, is LibreOffice still pulling from OOo upstream? If so,
are bugs fixed in LibreOffice being submitted as patches to the OOo
bugtracker, or is it up to Oracle to come asking for them? I think
that it would be wise of LibreOffice to file the patches, and I am
willing to take that responsibility if needed.

patches were put on a issue in the past, but they were not all incorporated in the
upstream build of OOo. Currently it is not posible to get all patches for LibreOffice
into OOo. Oracle is asking for copyright assignment for every pice of code and the
most free developers of LibreOffice are not willing to sign such document. Thus it is
not posible to reintegrate patches/features from LibreOffice to OOo. It is only
posible the other way around.

Regards,
Andreas
--