Re: [steering-discuss] Trademark Policy of the Document Foundation

Michael Meeks schrieb:
Hi there,

On Fri, 2011-01-14 at 15:46 +0100, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:

      There is some concern about the lack of clarity on whether
      incorporating libreoffice (or other marks) into a domain name
      is allowed - this is an area people often want to tread on, and
      we should probably directly address it.

      So I suggest we add a clarification of both of these to the end of the
"Non permitted use section".

      "Thus uses of the Marks in a domain name, or business name
       without explicit written permission from TDF are prohibited."

      So - do people have problems with any of that ?

So what about all the sites built in best intentions to support
LibreOffice and that are not under the control of TDF.

I would prefer to say that TDF can demand not to use the name, when it
is misused(right word?).

In the other way TDF gives his placet once and if the domain does
forbidden things, they can state they have a permission so there should
be a revokation too.

I don't know if I could make me clear.

Regards
Karl-Heinz