Re: [steering-discuss] connecting external services to our domain

Hi, :-)

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 23:20, Nino Novak <nn.libo@kflog.org> wrote:
1) Is there any integration (planned?) with odfauthors or is it just
about a new and different place to produce documentation (specific for
libreoffice maybe)?

IMHO, it is in the best interests of LibreOffice project for the
LibreOffice documentation project to have its own workflow, expertise
and policies for LibreOffice documentation.

However, I proactively asked Jean Weber (odfauthors.org) to be part of
the Alfresco site and the LibreOffice documentation team. I invited
her to have an admin account on the Alfresco site, and actually gave
her one despite her only-lukewarm interest, to encourage her close
participation.

But she is very taken up with odfauthors, and does not seem want any
close involvement in the LibreOffice documentation team. I even
suggested to her to take team leadership of the LibreOffice docs team
two times in the past. But she's very much occupied with odfauthors.

In any case, no matter what similarities there might be between OOo
and LibO right at present, the two products are quickly going to
diverge. LibreOffice might as well start developing its own
documentation team and expertise now.