[steering-discuss] next SC call tomorrow, 1700 UTC

Hello,

the next SC phone conference will be on Friday, January 21st, 1700 UTC. For your local date and time, see http://www.doodle.com/mqhh96d6uad9b47i

Please add your desired agenda items to http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Steering_Committee_Meetings#Agenda

The current list of dial-in numbers is available at http://www.talkyoo.net/main/telefonkonferenz_internationale_rufnummern. Please note that the Skype gateway is not always reliable.

The conference room number is 53 71 38. The PIN will be 702. To switch to English voice prompts, press the star key (*) at the beginning. When you are not speaking, please mute your microphone. You can do so either on your phone, or by pressing *1 during the call. To unmute it, press *1 again.

For this call, we will try unmute all microphones directly from the beginning, so every participant will be audible. Let's see how this works out. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to hearing you!
Florian

Hi Florian, :slight_smile:

Wow! What inconvenient timing... We had planned the website conference
call for Friday 21 January @ 5pm
GMT too! I was going to catch you on the Marketing call tonight to ask
you if you could give us the codes for that...

Is there any chance you could maybe re-schedule the SC call for this
one time? This would really be an important call for the website
team... Could you maybe do the SC call at 9 pm GMT, for instance?

David Nelson

Hi David,

Wow! What inconvenient timing... We had planned the website conference
call for Friday 21 January @ 5pm
GMT too! I was going to catch you on the Marketing call tonight to ask
you if you could give us the codes for that...

ah, sh...
I'm sorry, this really wasn't on purpose. I saw the mail about the website confcall, but didn't manage to react yet, and didn't notice the date and time is fixed already.

Having both calls in parallel for sure isn't such a good idea...

Friday evening is the only time that works, but I could move the SC call to one hour later, 1800 UTC. Would that help?

Florian

Hi, :slight_smile:

Could you maybe make it 2 hours later? This would be likely to be a
long call.....

David Nelson

Hi Florian, all,

Hi David,

Wow! What inconvenient timing... We had planned the website conference
call for Friday 21 January @ 5pm
GMT too! I was going to catch you on the Marketing call tonight to ask
you if you could give us the codes for that...

ah, sh...
I'm sorry, this really wasn't on purpose. I saw the mail about the website confcall, but didn't manage to react yet, and didn't notice the date and time is fixed already.

Having both calls in parallel for sure isn't such a good idea...

Friday evening is the only time that works, but I could move the SC call to one hour later, 1800 UTC. Would that help?

Provided I'm the one in the SC where the time is the most advanced in the day, I'd say yes, will end late, but that's life :wink:

Kind regards
Sophie

Hi, :slight_smile:

If you could have the SC call at 19.00 UTC it would be so great...
This is a very special conversation we want to have tomorrow, and it's
likely to be loooonngg...

David Nelson

Hi,

If you could have the SC call at 19.00 UTC it would be so great...
This is a very special conversation we want to have tomorrow, and it's
likely to be loooonngg...

honestly, I would have appreciated if the website folks had *first* checked the SC poll, which has been online for a few days already and thus earlier than the website poll, and *then* fixed their date and time. It's all about communcation... :slight_smile:

That being said, I have no issues of rescheduling the SC call if the majority of the other SC members agree. I myself can't attend then, I'm out in the evening, but I'm not a blocker. :slight_smile:

So, SC folks, any objections?

Hi, :slight_smile:

If you could have the SC call at 19.00 UTC it would be so great...
This is a very special conversation we want to have tomorrow, and it's
likely to be loooonngg...

David Nelson

We could have the other call about the website at a different time,
David. I don't want to sound ominous, but SC's business comes first...

What do you think?

Yes, I do. I propose the call about the website be rescheduled. With
all due respect the SC has different and very pressing issues not
related to the discussions on the website, so we ought to keep our
timing. 19 UTC start to be a bit too long of a week for me...

Best,

I am in the process of doing just that. Rescheduling the website meeting.

Hi,

> If you could have the SC call at 19.00 UTC it would be so great...
> This is a very special conversation we want to have tomorrow, and
> it's likely to be loooonngg...

honestly, I would have appreciated if the website folks had *first*
checked the SC poll, which has been online for a few days already and
thus earlier than the website poll, and *then* fixed their date and
time. It's all about communcation... :slight_smile:

That being said, I have no issues of rescheduling the SC call if the
majority of the other SC members agree. I myself can't attend then,
I'm out in the evening, but I'm not a blocker. :slight_smile:

So, SC folks, any objections?

Yes, I do. I propose the call about the website be rescheduled. With
all due respect the SC has different and very pressing issues not
related to the discussions on the website, so we ought to keep our
timing. 19 UTC start to be a bit too long of a week for me...

Charles-H. Schulz
Membre du Comité exécutif
The Document Foundation.